her hand on his shoulder,
his hand on her waist.
It was more enjoying the music than sexual
The DJ spat words she couldn’t understand,
(was it the language or was it the alcohol)
the DJ spun beats so intoxicating
A phone flashed in front of her –
“time to go”.
With his hand around her waist, her hands grabbing for stability,
Someone in the front,
some arm over her shoulder.
Lower and lower they went,
her forearm on the seat and his arm around her
was all she had for support.
The night ended with a hug and a memory of the best club song she had ever heard.
“It is not complicated unless I make it so. It is not difficult unless I allow it to be. A second is no more than a second, a minute no more than a minute, a day no more than a day. They pass. All things and all time will pass. Don’t force or fear, don’t control or lose control. Don’t fight and don’t stop fighting. Embrace and endure. If you embrace, you will endure.”
– James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
“Even if something doesn’t last forever, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth your time.”
This song makes me think of you and gives me all sorts of feels. It makes me feel uncomfortable but also so comforted, all at the same time.
Yknow that feeling when a song comes on and these EMOTIONS just rush through you and give you all these FEELS. I’ve been having a lot of that recently bc for the past 2 years I’ve been spamming songs for super long periods and my brain has associated songs with different periods of time and different feelings…this post is probably more for my memory than your interest, but if you continue reading then (-: thanks pal
- Aint It Fun (Paramore) and Something I Need (OneRepublic) – Nats 2014 and how we used to walk from the bus stop to Bedok Reservoir which was so far in (ok no rly far but far enough to listen to those songs)
- Blank Space (Taylor Swift) – West Timor OCIP bc Cel had this song on her phone and played it OVER AND OVER AND OVER
- Any Ariana Grande song – training: I attribute this to Kevin Tran and Margey singing Araina Grande whenever we had box pull or after water
- Any Calvin Harris song – Chalet/training: again, Kevin Tran always played Summer and Blame etcetc
- The Fact (Beast) – O levels because this was on repeat and is now my most played song on iTunes at 356 plays
- GDFR (Flo Rida) – Boat maintenance: and Weiqian played this and I was so into and Kevin came out of the shed and heard it and expressed his hatred for this song
- Stay High (To Love) – that one time we were doing mileage and during the 18km I sang to myself in between pants to keep myself sane
12/7/16 (this post was drafted 3 months ago UNTIL)
- I Follow Rivers (Lykke Li The Magician Remix) – was played as BGM of one of the videos I was watching and it was instant KEVIN TRAN NOSTALGIA and how he kept playing this at training/ chalet and did his weird but strangely addictive hip/hover hand dance move.
stay tuned for more (or not)