I never did a summary for January and February, so heres a combined one!
1. At the start of the year, we had our first ever sleepover at Aaron’s house.
2. The first week was Freedom Week and we celebrated Celine’s birthday as jiemeis, I had lunch with Nic and Kim and I trekked the old malaysian railway w Edwin, Chew, Matt, Aaron, Weiqian and Hong Lin. (click the post to read about those!!)
3. The SUNDAY of that week, Edwin and I went to collect our eagles award, which was rather anti climatic in my opinion.
4. The second week of January, a few of us went back to AC for open house on WEDNESDAY to support our juniors. MOST importantly, GOT TO EAT MAKAN BAGUS AND KAYA CHICKEN CHIP WAFFLE!!!!
5. On THURSDAY, I went to run Lornie Rd w Edwin and Chew and we sat on the pontoon reminiscing for a while. The getting tan and talking part and feeling excellent after exercising was great, but what followed wasn’t so great bc my ankle (that I sprained in Thailand) got worse and even now its still not fully recovered ):
6. That SATURDAY was CLUBBING NIGHT!! Fun fun, wouldn’t do it regularly, but it was fun. We went over to Kevins house to pre drink, then we went to zouk, then to Emma’s house that night to crash. Virgin experience was pretty great.
7. After work the next day, SUNDAY, I went down to support the juniors for their SCM with Adilah, Emma, Margey, Kevin and Minh Anh. Really very proud of all of them…I remember this time last year, we were starting our canoe high.
8. On the third week of January, we went out on WEDNESDAY for lunch to celebrate Evan’s early birthday. Do you like our colour themed outfits?
9. On FRIDAY, canoe went to Aaron’s house to bake a cake for Ian’s surprise party the next day. It turned out surprisingly well.
10. Ian’s surprise party on SATURDAY!! (featuring my swollen conjunctivitis eye)
11. Then I got hospitalised for bronchitis. And I must say, the whole experience, other than the coughing and not being able to breathe, was very fun…eespecially the breakfast part bc the cereal that they served was amazing…and I had a steak for one of the dinners!!!
1. First week, I had lunch w Darrell and Cel at the grub cause I wasn’t allowed to go far far away after just recovering from bronchitis
2. The next day, I had breakfast w Denise, then had my first ever driving lesson!!! like woaawww I moved a vehicle !!! and then had lunch w Edwin. I even went to the library to just sit there and read. FAVOURITE DAY OF MY LIFE SO FAR
2. Chinese New Year fell upon us! Didn’t even have to leave the house to buy my clothes this year.
2. Third week, the juniors had their first water and we went down to help….first time back on a boat in 10 months. (I wrote about it here : Canoe Revival )
3. Then on the 21st, the canoeists came over for a popiah/ meesiam sleepover !!
4. On the 23rd, Cel and I went to watch deadpool and head lunch at Les Patisseries. Great pal, great food
5. 24th, Kris and I had great great cheap cheap prataaaaaaa then she came over for a while. Then we headed down to MacRitchie where it started pouring and we took refuge in the shed…She met Edwin too! (Coincidentally, it was his birthday)
6. Saturday we went down to macritchie again!!! (omg such clingy seniors) but it really is v fun to paddle recreationally, although, I do miss intense paddling..ha ha haa…sometimes...
Then a few of us went for lunch and I went to church and had bingsu at Upper Thomson. It was rly good.
Im sorry this post has become damn dreary hahah….these 2 months of no responsibility, no worries has been really great… This freedom and ignorance is coming to an end….