You know those small things that people do that instantly boosts your mood, and makes your happy-day-meter shoot sky high…. been taking note of some of the things that people have done that have made me feel all happy and tingly inside for the past few weeks and here are my pick-me-ups/ cheap thrills(?):
1. When someone asks how your day was
2. When someone wants to get past you but you’re blocking the way, and they put their hand on your waist to shift you a bit
3. When someone sees you’re down and instantly offers a hug
4. When someone talks to you like they’re really interested in having a conversation with you and not just because you texted them first or because they talked to you for a specific purpose
5. When I look up at you and you smile back or make a disgusted face (just signs of affection really…)
6. When someone says we’re close and I think so too
7. Saying the exact same thing as people at the same time bc you’re just that alike
8. When someone calls to talk or just to have a short 5 minute conversation (surprise calls are the best)…1 hour conversation are great too
9. When someone sees a sad tweet you tweeted and asks whats up
10. When your want to become good friends with a someone is reciprocated
11. When someone sees you capsized and doesn’t go ‘ugh i have to save her again’ but laughs about the fact that you capsized
12. SKINSHIP hah a ahha haha ahahha
13. When people call me ‘nik’ or ‘nikass/nikash’ instead of ‘nicole’
14. When someone knows you
one time my class chair asked on the class chat if I had any medical conditions like respiratory problems etc, and for some reason i wasn’t able to reply. So Denise told him ‘yes!! She has asthma’ ……It’s like the aww SHE KNOWS ME feeling…..yknow?
18. Edwin felt my forehead burning up an he gave me panadol but I couldn’t remember. The next day he told me and the first thing I asked was WAS IT BABY PANADOL?? and he nodded bc he knew…..
15. When someone makes an effort to call out to you to say bye/hi.
The other day, I was walking out of school and as I was walking through the carpark I saw my classmate running on the track during his training and for a split second I contemplated shouting his name and saying bye (so unconventional of me), but decided against it bc it might affect his sprinting. But as I reached the concourse, I heard someone shout ‘BYE NIK’ and I turned and it was him!
I didn’t realise how such a simple gesture could brighten up my day so much.
16. When someone says they enjoy reading my blog
(actually, even if they just mention reading it or make some sort of reference to it, I’ll light up)
17. When people aren’t afraid to text twice.
Like when you’re texting someone and they’re not like ‘oh I replied already, I’m not gonna say anything else until you reply’.
One) either they said something unreliable and try to make up for it a few minutes later <<<this i find adorable or
Two) They replied, but you haven’t, but somewhere along the way something came up and they had to tell you about it, so they just text you again (in a non obsessive way)